IALGBTIC Workshops and Events
The Idaho Association for LGBT Issues in Counseling is offering a Four (4.0) Ethics Continuing Education Hours Training!
The LGBTQ+ Safe Space Train the Trainer Curriculum is designed to train helping professionals to educate counselors and other helping professionals with the issues related to the ethical treatment of individuals and groups who identify as LGBTQ+ and their allies. Though the class is oriented toward helping professionals, it is open to anyone with a sincere desire to learn about these issues and join the IALGBTIC Safe Space Training Committee.
Credits will be awarded by the Idaho Counseling Association, and Continuing Education Provider approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors.
When: Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 12pm - 4 pm.
Where: Idaho State University - Meridian Campus: 1311 E. Central Dr., Meridian, Idaho 83642
Jamie Lange M. A. Comm, M. A. Coun., LPC, NCC - IALGBTIC President
Megan Brown, M. Coun., LCPC, NCC - IALGBTIC Safe Space Training Committee Chair
Christine Tolman, LPC - IALGBTIC President Elect
Objectives of the program:
1. Understand heterosexual and cisgender privilege
2. Increase awareness of life experiences of LGBTQ+ people
3. Increase knowledge and understanding of LGBTQ+ people and issues
4. Identify ways to provide safe space and break down the barriers for LGBTQ+ people
5. Identify resources available for LGBTQ+ individuals.
6. Prepare participants to offer Safe Space Trainings to counselors and other helping professionals.
PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED:
To register for this Training (including 4 ETHICS CEUs), or for more information
IALGBTIC offers LGBTQ+ Safe Space Trainings. The training helps counselors and other helping professions respect diversity of clients to help them work more effectively and empathically within the identity of the client. The training focuses on creating a deeper understanding of people who identify within the LGBTQ+ community. Learning objectives include:
- Understand heterosexual and cisgender privilege
- Increase awareness of life experiences of LGBTQ+
- Increase knowledge and understanding of LGBTQ+
- Identify ways to provide safe space and break down the barriers for LGBTQ+
- Identify resources available.
Safe Space Training at About Balance Mental Health. March 7th and March 28th. This training is not open to the public and only About Balance employees. If your place of work is interested in a Safe Space Training, please contact email the IALGBTIC Training Committee. We look forward to hearing from you!